Thursday, August 27, 2009

The [expanded] Bible, new testament

I was really excited for this one!! I'd been waiting not so patiently all week for it to arrive! I am a big believer in not only reading your Bible but to also study it, research the verses, etc. This book makes it easier by looking at the different translations and adding it to the text. I did find it a little hard to read at first, but once you get the flow of it, it gets quite easy to follow. Although I don't recommend trying to read it aloud lol, I tried that and it gets really choppy with all the breaks in it lol. I read one of the books of the Bible in for this review and I really really enjoyed it. Just by adding those different translations or expressions in with the text it makes you stop and think with each verse. Which I find also causes things to jump out at you that you wouldn't have thought of before! I would definately recommend this Bible as an addition to your regular devotions/study time! I probably wouldn't choose it as the Bible I take to church and try to follow along with, as I can picture myself getting so lost and far behind lol. But for preparing a Bible study or doing your own devotions it is deffinately an asset!! I don't think anyone would be sorry that they gave it a try, the very least that can happen is it causes you to look at the scriptures differently as you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment