Monday, November 28, 2016

Discipline that connects with your child's heart

Discipline that connects with your child's heart, by Jim and Lynne Jackson. So the title is pretty self explanatory to what it's about lol. So I won't get into that much! Basically we learn methods of discipline and parenting that are beneficial to both the parent and child. That let the child know they are safe, loved but also that they're responsible for their own actions and consequences. It's very similar to Danny Silk's loving your kids on purpose. Which is also an excellent book. I love this style of parenting and they had to make it happen in my life even if I am usually not as successful as I'd like to be. There's a lot of practical ideas and suggestions. As well as stories of such suggestions in use etc. I only wish they had more on parenting a strong willed child and how to effectively disciple them. I could really use that! Over all it's a great book and full of healthy parenting styles!!! I do recommend this!!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment