Friday, January 15, 2010

The Choice, by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I started reading this book yesterday and I just couldn't put it down! It is so captivating! As I got to the middle of the book I put it down for a minute and thought that the second half would probably be really slow and not as good as the first half of the book. So much happened in the first half that I wasn't sure the author could continue the excitement on in the second half. BUT it was just as good as the first half! This book is so well written that I started and finished it all in the same day! The main character in this story is Carrie, she experiences heart ache after heart ache after the death of loved ones and finds herself needing to make a lot of choices. The choice to forgive, to love, to be loved, etc.  We see a glimps of the Amish world in this book, which while it sounds really boring, is not lol!! We hear the heart of God in this book, to love us, to show us grace and forgiveness! I found such a peace reading this book as it reminds you through out the book who God is and His love for us. This is a definate must read, I can promise that you'll love it just as much as I did!

  *Available now at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment