Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Distant Melody, by Sarah Sundin

 In this book we meet Allie a sweet young lady, who faces a world of problems. She comes from a wealthy family and is expected to do exactly as her parents tell her to, including to marry the person they choose for her. She must decide if she's going to obey her parents and marry a man she doesn't love or follow her heart and God's voice and choose the man she does love.
     Walt is a pilot fighting against the Germans. He meets allie at a wedding of his good friends and hits it off with her right away. He falls for Allie as soon as he meets her, but Walt also has a tendancy to lie if he thinks it'll benefit those around him and himself. Walt soon learns what God has to say about his behavior and change comes through hard circumstances.
     I loved this book, rarely will I sit and read all day, but I just couldn't put this book down. I started it yesterday afternoon and was done by this afternoon. I loved the story! I cried with them when loved ones passed away and rejoiced when love was found. This is so well written and  a must read for anyone!! I'm sure I"ll read this book time and time again!


*Available now at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing group

No comments:

Post a Comment