Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Homecoming

The Homecoming, by Dan Walsh. When I first started this book I didn't realize that it was the sequel to The Unfinished gift, also by Dan Walsh. it was a great surprise as I loved that first book! (I guess I probably should have read the back of the book before I started and I would have figured it out right away lol) In this book we see the continuation of the story of Shawn Conners and his son Patrick. Shawn is home from the war and back with his son, but is called on to speak around the country about the war. He has barely had time to adjust to being a single parent and to greive the death of his wife, when he's taken away again. Katherine Townsend (Patrick's social worker in the first book) finds a new place in Patricks life when she's called upon to be Patricks nanny while his father is on tour. Patrick had been heavy on her heart so this seems like a great option!
    If you've read Dan's first book, The unfinished book, you'll love this book just as much! I am such a huge fan of the first book, so I loved this book as much if not more! Its a very touching story of a family having to put the pieces of their lives back together after tragedy! I very much recommend reading this book, its going among my favorite books on the bookshelf along with The unfinished gift!!


Available now at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment