Sunday, October 6, 2013

10 great dates

10 great dates, by Peter and Heather Larson and David and Claudia Arp. I wouldn't say this is really a date night of fun kinda book lol, but rather something you'd want to do to builder a deeper relationship with your spouce and with God. They focus on drawing you to learn more of your spouce and to do things together that open yourselves up to each other. We also find a what to do section, or I guess you could call it home work/prepwork type work. These aren't your average dates where you're out for a night of fun (which is nice and needed), but rather one where you're looking for a truely intimate relationship with your spouce. 
     When I first saw this book I thought, "great another marriage book". as you can tell I'm not a fan of marriage books lol. I find that most do not actually focus on each other but are much rather a "wives submit to your husband" type books that I vehemently disagree with! I was plesently surprised with this book though that it is not like that at all! its all about working together and building your relationship with each other and with God. It calls for both the husband and wife to be involved. In the end I actually really liked this book! Its one I will be passing on to other people!!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available a your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"











No comments:

Post a Comment