Friday, February 26, 2010

Abigail

I just finished reading the Book Abigail by Jill Eileen Smith. Abigail is about Davids wife, who first married Nabal and her struggles with him and his anger. Then tells a story of her life with David and how she felt with him taking so many wives. Questioning throughout the book if she made the right choices? She follows him through many of his struggles and also rejoices in his victories. The book tells of their love for each other as well as their love and devotion to God.
  I loved this book, I started it early in the morning and was finished it by that evening. I could not put this book down! We get a glimps into what life could have been like for Abigail and the struggles she would have faced being married to a king. Not only that, but Jill Eileen Smith does an awsome job of following scripture well! She doesn't twist scripture to fit her story line, rather draws from what the scripture says to creat this story. It is extreamly well written and so very captivating! I can't even put into words how impressed I am with how she created this story. I wouldn't quite say its a romance novel, because it was so much more than that. I look forward to reading more books from this author in the future!! I highly highly recommend this book!!!

*Available now at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment