Friday, February 26, 2010

Songbird under a German Moon - my honest opinion

 This book is about a young woman who's gone to entertain the troops. Its her dream to support the troops in this way and she's given the chance to do it so goes. Her friend goes missing and Betty (the main character) and her romantic interest investigate. Trying to find out what happened.

 Now comes the hard part, I did not enjoy this book at all. Let me start by saying I am not a fan of romantic novels at all. But I am able to read them and see how others would enjoy them. Not with this book though. It seemed very immaturely written. As if the target was for teenagers, but the storyline is an adult story line.  I felt the author tried too hard to play up the time when this would happen, by including all the usual "stereotypes" (for lack of a better word) of that time frame. The main character although an adult seemed very juvenile in this story. I had a very hard time getting through this book for that reason. It was very predictable and I found it pretty boring. I feel bad writing a negative book review, but my goal in this blog is to give an honest review of a book. I honestly wouldn't recommend reading this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment