Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Power of Persistent Prayer

 The Power of Persistent Prayer, praying with greater purpose and passion, by Cindy Jacobs. In this book we explore prayer and what it does. We also look at hinderances to our prayers as well as praying the bible, Praying the will of God, fasting, praying the word and persistence of prayer and more. Cindy Jacobs is well known by the evengelical community for her revelation on prayer and commitment to it! This book gives us insight into what she's learned over the years!!
     I was so excited when I saw this book come up for review! Its not often that I've seen writers such as Cindy Jacobs on the choices for blog reviews! I have listened to Cindy Jacobs preach and I really enjoy her teaching! Reading this book is almost like being in a room with her! Her writing style closely resembles her preaching style! I think this book is a must have for every congregation, at least get it in the hands of your intercessors, but go further than that and put it in the library and encourage people to read it! Her book is biblically sound and is a great teaching on prayer! I loved it! I will be pushing and recommending this book to everyone I can! Its not the tradition prayer book, which is basically a how to book on prayer. Rather she teaches Bible truths on prayer and personal revelation and how you can go deeper into your prayer life! I found myself in every chapter saying "yes" and "thats right". It is a very good book!!! You must read it!!


Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment